Thursday, October 23, 2008

This was a typical long day.  It started off with getting up extra early, to help one of my daughters wash her hair and blow dry. It was school picture day, and her  hair can't be tamed any other way.  Then it was getting 6 kids dressed and out the door by 9.  Four on the bus, 2 in the car for a school field trip to the Pumpkin Patch and Animal Farm in Leesburg.  Spent several hours there, going on a Hayride, going on severl long slides, swings, moon bounces, etc.  We fed animals, we even saw several animals you'd only expect in a zoo.  Then it was lunch at our new Pei Wei (yum! I am reheating my doggy bag right now as I type this). To Target for birthday gifts for 2 parties on Saturday.  Home to meet the bus.  Then the kids went for a bike ride with friends (the 3 year olds included, so I supervised).  Quick dinner.  Quick homework.  Soccer.  Cheerleading- with the 3 year olds in tow, playing on the playground.  Capped off by a 7 pm family night at the school.  Home for baths, stories, toothbrushing and bed.  As we are settling down and talking about our day and all the fun things the boys did on their field trip, I ask my son Collin, "what was your favorite part of the Pumpkin Patch today?"  "The monkey!"  he tells me.  "That's great!" I tell him.  What was another thing that you really liked?"  "The other monkey!"  :) 

 Now I am off to do some busy work for my son's teacher and then clip coupons.  And eat my leftovers!!

Here they are- enjoying those two monkeys!  Not the greatest shots though..  It was hard to get all four monkeys in the same frame and then my digital camera ran out of room.  The sad part is- it holds over 1,000 pictures!!

4 comments:

Dragons52 said...

Well I am with your sons I love the monkeys! Especially the two in the brown and blue jackets!!

Patty said...

You must be skin and bones, all the running and activity you take part in, with those six children. Hope you have a relaxing week-end, if that's possible. LOL

Jack and Joann said...

Old Lady Lincoln, Cindy is as slim and as tall as a Miss America contestant.

And I got tired just reading everything she did on Friday. Oh, my gosh!

Wanda said...

What cute pictures.... I'm planning a trip to the Los Angeles Zoo soon with my grandsons.

Have a great weekend.