Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For Joann!!

I saw this, and I thought of you :)

Buckeye Bars (with a name like that, must be yummy!)

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
22 nilla wafers, crushed
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 of an 8 ounce tub Cool Whip whipped topping (do not thaw)
3 squares Baker's semi sweet chocolate

Line 8 inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. 

Beat butter and peanut butter with mixer until blended.  Mix in wafer crumbs.  Gradually add sugar, mixing well after each addition.  Press into bottom of pan.

Microwave cool whip and chocolate in microwavable bowl on high 1 minute.  Stir.  Microwave in  15 or 30 seconds increments until chocolate is melted, stir until blended. Spread over peanut butter.

Refrigerate 2 hours.  Use foil handles to lift desert from pan before cutting to serve.


5 comments:

Jack and Joann said...

I have a recipe for buckeyes that are little handrolled balls with similar ingredients as your recipe but this looks a lot easier.

Dragons52 said...

Yummmmm are you sharing them when they are done???

Patty said...

Sounds good, I just saw this recipe yesterday on the Kraft web site I go to.

Patty said...

This was the web site, I didn't pay any attention to see if the ingredients were the same.
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/buckeye-bars-111450.aspx?e=email

CINDY BUCKLEY said...

Yep! Same site I got it from! I get their emails, and love the simple recipes they suggest!