Wednesday, October 29, 2008

After all these stories about my kids I thought it would be fair to tell one on myself.

This happened a while back. It was my third year as a teacher.  I had a class of kindergartners. One day one of them, a boy named Zac, came in very excited.  "Mrs. Buckley, Mrs. Buckley!  You'll never guess what!!  Just outside I saw a bird eating a cricket!"  I thought I would tell him something that he would find interesting and exciting as well.  Maybe even extend his knowledge of things that hunt for food, tying in with the topic of crickets.  "Zac", I told him, "At my house, my cat eats crickets!"  He looked at me dubiously for several seconds.  And then, "Mrs. Buckley, at my house we buy cat food."

This is me carving pumpkins with my kids.  The monkey hair band was from earlier in the day when we played 'spa and beauty parlor'.  The mess in the background is, well, you know... mess.


3 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Cindy ~~ what a darling story.

I will be sharing this story often.

The picture of you carving the pumpkin and the love you are getting is precious.

Dragons52 said...

Hopefully you will get pictures of all your kids this year for Halloween! Can't wait for more.

Patty said...

Just remember this old saying, if someone says anything about your house being messy. My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy. And then I would add, we have a very happy house.