Thursday, October 16, 2008

mortified

Collin - #5 kid.  



Well, I've been talking a lot about our potty training struggles lately.  This is a related story.  A few days ago my son Collin peed in his shoe.  I don't know why.  I don't really even know how. But he somehow managed this feat (punny!) and then proudly brought me his footwear, filled to the brim.  I tried several different ways to clean his shoe off.  His feet have grown so much he has only one pair right now, plus a pair of sandals.  I sprayed with Febreeze.  I spot cleaned.  I threw those suckers into the washing machine.  Twice.  And this morning, as I took them out of the dryer for the second time, I realized that smell was NOT going to go away.  I went to find his sandals.  I eventually located them- outside by the trampoline soaking wet.  Stinky shoes it was!  I hoped no one would notice the malodor, tied his laces and sent him off to preschoool with a kiss on the cheek (and a reminder to USE THE POTTY!).  At noon I picked them up and headed off to a lunchtime play date.  As we were driving along I glanced over at the art work the boys did today in school.  So cute!  So thematic!  They are studying the holidays - Halloween, and colors- today was white.  This project is so cute I thought I would probably frame it.  And then, realization hit.  Horrible realization.

It's a cute little ghost.  Made from a foot print.

5 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh I'm sorry, but I'm rolling on the floor laughing at your "motification"......

Ain't motherhood the greatest!!!???

Dragons52 said...

OMG that is too funny...sorry but it is. Try soaking the shoe in white vinegar for a bit...should help if the smell is still there.
Loved the picture! My kids of course did the turkey with the hand but his is much more creative. Must have been a foot week for your son!

Patty said...

Ha!HA!, oh my what a character he is. The little ghost is very cute, whether it was from his foot print or not. Happy week-end.

Jack and Joann said...

That is so cute. Is there such a thing as Readers Digest in existence today. If so, you need to submit some of these blog posts.

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

I'm catching up on your posts and this one is just too funny not to comment. Of course the "ghost" is cute, but the back story is even better!