Friday, October 17, 2008


This is Connor.  He has always been an early riser.  Since he was born I stopped using any kind of alarm clock, because it is always a safe bet Connor will wake us up before we need to be anywhere (this includes a  yearly sunlight service).  So, as usual, this morning Connor comes into my room and tells me he is going to take his shower.  Fine, I mumble to him, in a daze. After his shower he wakes me up again, to help him find his favorite shirt to wear to school.  Okay, fine.  We go through his disaster of a room and start hunting.  We find the shirt, dirty.  So I figure I might have time to do a quick wash and dry so he can wear it.  I go downstairs to look at the clock and throw the shirt into the washer.  It's 3:45 AM.  Apparently he woke up around 3 and figured it was morning.  And none of us noticed that it was really dark for morning!  

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh that is an early riser....

I could just picture the scene... I'm not a morning person... I would have had my head under the pillow...

Love your everyday stories.

Dragons52 said...

Now that is too funny. Scott has been at a continuing education conference and got up Friday morning, showered, dressed and arrived at the place only to find it was 5:45 not 7:15am!! Turns out his clock in the hotel was set wrong and he didn't notice. At least he has that excuse! why your son would get up that early is beyond me but kids are truely in their own world aren't they!!?!

Jack and Joann said...

That is really funny but odd. Usually soon as kids hit kindergarten they suddenly become late sleepers not early risers.