Saturday, January 3, 2009

You're probably wondering why I haven't posted anything for so long.  Well, I think I figured it out.  It's the tail of the dinosaur.  (This is in no way related to the hair of the dog :)  The mom thing.  It's 31.  (You know, 24/7?)  It's everyday, all day.  I think back to when I was in college.  Although I had the typical college fun it wasn't all easy.  I was responsible for my tuition, room, board and books all on my own.  So I had three jobs and a full class load.  But, come Friday night, there WAS a break in the routine of work and classes.  I used to picture myself as Fred Flintstone at the rock quarry...  Hearing that bird whistle blow, popping out of my quarry digger and sliding down the tail of my dinosaur on my flat, prehistoric feet, yelling QUITTIN' TIME!!! And you know, that's a pretty good feeling.  Being off the clock.  Good enough to make a chubby caveman in a tigerskin suit dance like a ballerina, all the way to the Flint-mobile.  These days this chubby soccer mom rarely dances out to the minivan!  (Maybe if I had that orange suit??) 

Anyway, things get busy, during the holidays, and the interminable school break (23 days, thank you very much PWCo Public Schools!).  And even though I can make time to do it, I find a lot of nights I don't have the gumption.  Although I truly don't ever want to be off the mom clock, it does sort of get in the way of doing other things.  Some days ANY things. But, I want to do better, and I do really miss reading all of the blogs I usually follow!  So, to better blogging in 2009 :) 

[Note to self.. check amazon.com for orange tiger-skin suit]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the bone for your hair! :-)

Patty said...

Don't worry, with a house full of children and with a couple of yours that likes to undress, (LOL) you have your hands full. Just keeping their clothes clean, their bodies clean and feeding them is a big enough job, let alone trying to entertain them while on Christmas break and the holidays and everything else going on.

Mom, you need some help now and then. You need a night out once in a while. Look who's talking, even when the four older ones were able to be left with their Dad or someone, I still felt guilty going off and leaving them, and did nothing but worry until i got back home. So I didn't take any breaks myself, but I should have. LOL I think that makes them appreciate Mommy more.

Hang in there, some day when they are all grown up, you'll wonder where the time went.

Dragons52 said...

Knew with the kids out of school you would have your hands full and very little time to yourself. Now that things are getting back to a more tolerable routine I hope to see you at book club this week for some well earned relaxation with someone other than kids!

Jack and Joann said...

I second everything Old Lady Lincoln said and Dragon Quilter said. I am so ready to see everybody Friday night since I missed last month's meeting. Here 's to time for the girls to get out!