Friday, January 23, 2009

You know though, that was not our most exciting and memorable Christmas play with the 4Rs. When my daughters were 3 we decided to make a big celebration out of the evening.  We loaded everyone up in the car, invited the grandparents, and headed out to dinner and then the play.  During our dinner at Ruby Tuesday Lauren had a small accident.  Well.  No time to go home, no time to stop somewhere.  So, the solution was to take off the tights and underpants under her dress.  You can totally see where I am headed, can't you?  

I told her to be careful, and leave her dress DOWN all evening.  Well, of course she didn't.  The first time, my lovely daughter - front and center- accidentally twirled her dress up.  When she realized she was getting a big reaction from the audience she kept doing it, until the teacher grabbed her, and made her stand in the back.  I'd like to say that I can't imagine a Christmas play being more memorable than that one, but I don't want to jinx myself.  We still have one more play to get through. I am starting to think that preschool is going to be glad to see the last of us!  

Here they are- dresses down!  

Lauren,  the infamous dress-twirler (The blond in the waaay back, singing)

Her partner in crimes and misdemeanors, Devin (also singing)



The pretty blond girl to your left is their life-long buddy and best pal Katie.

3 comments:

Dragons52 said...

Sort of reminds me of Little Miss Sunshine but in a cuter way. That will be a fun story to tell at her rehearsal dinner some day!!

Patty said...

Yes, you have quite an interesting life, and I'm sure many, many stories to tell. Isn't it amazing how their little minds work, she probably forgot all about the fact she had no panties on. Although I would think it might have been a little chilly. She just liked the fact she was getting total attention. Someday you'll be able to tell that story to her boyfriend and totally embarrass her.

Jack and Joann said...

Oh what a hoot, Cindy.
You know the book MARLEY AND ME. Well someday you will need to collect all these cute stories and write TWO BY TWO BY TWO AND ME!