Saturday, January 24, 2009

The other day I took my two littlest boys to our Weekly 'Toddlin' Time' class.  As I went to the back seat to unbuckle my son Declan I noticed he was staring at me.  He looked at me intensely, and then his face got all sort of soft and lovey looking.  Wow, I thought.  This is it!  Look at the look of complete love on his face. This is what it is all about.  What a deeply rewarding and wonderful moment.  I stood there for a while, in the freezing January cold, just looking back at him, not wanting this magical moment of mother-son bonding to come to an end.  Then he says, "Mom, I can see myself in you's glasses." Zonk!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard right now! I can relate!

Patty said...

Well he burst that bubble of love didn't he. LOL Kids you gotta love them.

Dragons52 said...

You had me right along with you, loving the moment as only a mother can and then POW the honesty of children!! Amazing we still love them so much isn't it. How else are you going to get stories like these to tell?