Thursday, January 14, 2010

I took my middle two to their brownie meeting tonight. Things ran a bit late, and by the time I got home my older daughter had finished her social studies report. She was all "look mom, look mom!!!" so I read through her detailed and articulate report about that American legend and pioneer icon, Daniel Boom.

"Um, Regan, I think that's supposed to be Daniel Boone."

"I know mom. Daniel Boom. He's famous. Everyone knows about good old Daniel Boom."

"No, Regan, Boone. With an N, not an M."

"I don't know which pioneer you are talking about mom, because I did my report on Daniel Boom. You just don't get it! You're not in my class! You don't know mo-om."

...and (Daniel) BOOM goes the dynamite!

2 days old, in the NICU, prior to her Daniel Boom days.

1 comment:

The Weible Law Firm said...

Wonder if you will get to see the report when it comes back from the teacher!!