Saturday, June 13, 2009

This evening I was rushing around trying to get ready to go for a walk before the storm hit.  All of my kids were outside on the trampoline or the slip and slide as well as several neighborhood kids.  About 20 in all.  Except for Collin.  He's inside, all alone, playing in the corner of the kitchen.  As I am doing things, I can hear him over there, talking away, playing some sort of game he's making up.  So this has me thinking about how imaginatively he's playing.  I can hear him saying, "Now it's time for you to go home."  So I glance over and I see him playing with a rock.  How cute, I think.  He's pretending to try to get the rock to go into the nose of the elefun game (an elephant shaped toy with a 3 foot long flexible plastic nose that shoots out butterflies).  He sees me watching and says, "He won't get in there,  He won't go home." So I tell him, "It might not be a good idea to put a rock in there,  it might break the elephant's nose."  So I go off to do a few more things, and come back and he's got the rock in his sister's shoe.  "He's going to go to sleep in here," he tells me, "this is his bed."  "Okay," I say, "the rock can sleep in Devin's shoe."  Then Collin says, "It's not a rock, it's a froggy."  Sure enough, I get a closer look, and he's caught this rather large, brown frog and brought it into the house, and has been talking to it and playing with it for about a half an hour.  I should have gotten a picture but at that point both the frog and I were anxious for him to return to his real home.

He's actually sleeping on that chair.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Well did the froggy get to go home?

Dragons52 said...

Well he's a little boy....did you really expect it to be a rock? Aren't boys and frogs attached at that age??