Tuesday, June 23, 2009


So I'm in my teeny tiny little laundry room- long enough to fit the washer and dryer with no inches to spare, and deep enough to fit me and an armful of dirty laundry, if I am not bloated. ( (Because really, for a woman with 6 children, a laundry room smaller than a Prius was a great decision!) So, because the laundry room is so small, the only place to keep the detergent, which we buy in 50 gallon drums, is on a shelf, above the washer. Over my head. So yesterday I was reaching up there to get a cap full of soap. I had the screw top loosened, because that makes the little spigot thing work more quickly. And quickly is always better when you've got 15 loads of laundry to do. And the next thing I know, the whole thing comes hurtling off the shelf at me, spilling everywhere. So really, my only course of action was to duck and cover and yell an expletive. Which the 3 year old heard, and really liked. Although he does get the context correct for usage, the funny thing here is that he MISheard it. So today, when he ran into a chair he yelled "BAMMIT" at the chair.

In other news, the girls got very sick on Sunday. Fevers up to 105. So we went to the doctor on Monday, and they tested + for the flu. Which, the doctor tells me, most likely means it is swine flu, because the A and B type flu are really long gone by this time of year.

And today, while I was rubbing my daughter's hot little head I realized our friends the lice are back to visit. Make that 25 loads of laundry!

Bammit.
At a parade, eating funnel cake. You'd think they'd look happier!

2 comments:

Patty said...

You poor overworked soul. Hope you get some rest and help soon. Thank goodness with five kids, I can say we never had the lice problem. Did have worms once. And all the other things kids seem to pick up. Happy those days are all behind me. LOL

Dragons52 said...

Bammit is right!! I loved the stories....yell if you need any help with laundry....I'll let you deal with the lice, I've done my share of that with my kids!