Friday, April 24, 2009


More surprises!  

Yesterday Devin and Lauren had their 7 year old well check (a little late, they were 7 in February).  As we were sitting in the doctor's office, I realized that I was wearing the same clothes  I was wearing the day before when I was in the office. Embarrassing, yes.  But hey- when you have to make 3 trips  to the pediatrician in 4 days, and you haven't done laundry... well. Things happen.  So, we are sitting in the exam room.  Devin is on the exam table and Lauren is on my lap.  While she is sitting there, and I am answering doctor questions I notice that she keeps scratching her head.  So, as I am talking, I start to check her hair.  And, sure enough, she has lice.    And so do Devin, Connor, and Declan.  And me.  Gee, just a little embarrassing. This is our first infestation, and I hope our last. I'm starting to feel a little bit like Job here... with the lice, the strep, and the plague of ants in my kitchen.  And if someone doesn't clean up around here soon the "dung-heap" description will certainly be appropriate.  

I guess I've moved on from pee and vomit stories. I'm up to parasites.  

But on the plus side, I just got an email that the bath store has room freshener on sale, and they have my all time favorite scent- lemon!  I am going to drag the boys over there after their gym class this morning.  Talk about bulls in a china shop- all that glass and two crazy little boys.  I plan to ply them with candy and shop quickly.  I need some air freshener!  The honey suckle was obviously not a success.




Warning!  We have cooties!


2 comments:

Jack and Joann said...

We went down the lice road with Jeanine about three times in fourth grade. And she has such thick hair that I threatened to shave her head if I had to use that little lice comb to go thru every strand of hair. I don't know how you are going to do it all. Listen if my daughter wasn't moving this weekend I would come over and clean your house for you. Maybe next week if you can hang in there for a couple of days more.
P.S. Report this outbreak to the school and see if others in their classes are getting infected with lice. In Jeanine's classroom it kept coming round and round and round because everyone was getting over it when they go reexposed to it.

Dragons52 said...

I can't think of too many kids that don't go through this. Mine usre did and we all went through the process to get rid of them. I am also willing to come with Joann and help you with the cleaning etc!! I know how quickly that can backlog! Hang in there!