Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A few weeks ago we got a letter that our daughter Lauren had been selected as one of the participants in the All County Art Fair.  She was very excited about it.  So I decided, that even though we had 4 other functions that Saturday, and my husband would be gone all day with my son's soccer team at a tournament, we were going to go to this art show.  So I loaded the kids up in the car, got a quick lunch at McDonald's to eat on the way, entered the address into the GPS and got entirely lost.  After an hour of driving around we finally found the school where the art show was located.  It was PACKED!  We struggled through the sweltering building,like salmon swimming upstream, to try to find the exhibit for her school.  We were given a handy map, which indicated we were in section 51, in the orange group.  We followed the helpful signs on the walls to... nowhere.  Apparently they'd been put up incorrectly! I finally saw one of my neighbors who pointed us in the correct direction.  We found her art work, snapped a picture, and then found a restroom, and left for the next activity. (Girl Scout cookie booth sale) Luckily, we got home in only 40 minutes!

The following Monday I went to the school to pick up a sick child.  And what should be in the hallway?  The art exhibit.  Right there, conveniently located!  Oh well.  It made Lauren happy, so that was all that mattered.

Then tonight she is doing some homework at the table.  She is writing a book report about a book about a fox.  As part of the assignment she has to draw a picture.  She asks me three times to draw a fox for her.  I insist that I am no fox-drawer and any fox she can draw will be 100 times better than what I could do.  Eventually she wandered off to play with her brother, so I check the book report, assuming she didn't finish.  But she had finished, all on her own.  Now, I know I am biased, but really, isn't this an amazing picture of a fox playing a guitar???  Not too shabby for a kid who puts her shoes on the wrong feet EVERY day still.


2 comments:

Dragons52 said...

Tell her that's a great picture of a fox....much better than any I could ever do. Well done to her!!

Patty said...

Busy, busy, busy. Do you ever get to rest?

Tell your daughter she did a terrific job on the fox. Happy week-end.