Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blurry - I'm trying to give him bunny ears, and he's trying to duck away!


Last week I took Connor to sign up for sleep away camp. His very first time sleeping away at camp! At the meeting there were all sorts of different activities the kids could sign up for. He and his friend from his soccer team were looking at all the different activity sheets and deciding which to sign up for. 3 on 3 basketball; yes. Volley ball; yes. Billiards; no. Co-ed soccer; yes. So, I say nothing, but wait until they are all done and as we are all walking out to the parking lot together I say, "Hey boys, do you know what 'co-ed' means?" Blank stares. "It means boys and girls play TOGETHER." Cue the sound of a needle scratching across a record! "But, but, why?" My son asks me aghast. "Why would they ever expect boys to play soccer WITH girls?" I tell them not to worry about it. That they will have a great time. As we are all driving home I hear my son tell his friend, in a low voice- "Don't worry about. I'm pretty sure my mom doesn't know what co-ed really means."

I'm just hoping he showers at least once during the week. Or swims. I'm not fussy.

No comments: