Tuesday, November 11, 2008


When Devin and Lauren were 3, and their older siblings were in school, I took them to Chuck E Cheese one morning.  It is really a great time to go, at 9 am.  No one is there.  The kids can run around like maniacs, and since you pretty much have the place to yourself, you can watch them easily.  Plus, they come home tired and take a nap!

My daughter Devin, from about birth to age 6 was a major handful.  I still anticipate picking her up from jail at least once during her teen age years.  Seriously.  So we are at CEC, and things are going fairly well.  Devin has gone up into the climbing thing and was wandering around up there.  I started talking to some other moms and I notice that the CEC workers were laughing and yelling at me, in Spanish.  I had no idea what was going on.  I turn around and Devin is coming down the slide.  Completely naked.  I chase her around the restaurant a few times thinking, where in that maze- that is suspended from the ceiling, am I going to find her clothes?  And what do I do?  Let her run around naked while I find them?  Drag her along with me, on a clothing safari hunt?  About this time, she runs into the mens' room.  I can hear her in there, singing an flushing toilets.  For about 5 minutes.  She finally comes out, and someone, mercifully, hands me her clothes.  

This was during her naked phase, when we could not keep clothes on her.  My photo album is filled with lovely shots of us decorating the Christmas tree, and Devin is naked.  The girls playing, and Devin is naked...  I have a lot of Devin stories....

(Notice in this picture:  her footie pajamas are turned around backwards, and zipped up the back. It was the only way we could keep them on her body)

I am planning on taking the youngest boys to CEC tomorrow morning.  Let's just hope history does not repeat itself!

6 comments:

Jack and Joann said...

Oh, my gosh, how very funny! LOL!

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

Oh my 3 sets of twins! You really have your hands full. If it's ok, I'm going to follow your blog so I can live vicariously with all those sweet and funny children. I never had any kids, just dogs...

Here's to hoping it's a while before you have to visit any child in jail. *smiles*

Patty said...

That is just too funny. Thank goodness ours always kept their clothes on. Well at least their underwear. Ha!Ha!

That must have been a sight trying to grab a naked child and also find the clothes. I'm hoping now that she is older, she's keeping the clothes on. LOL These are memories you can mention sometime when she brings home a date.

Dragons52 said...

Reminds me a bit of the movie Pacifer and the kid losing his pants/diapers in the ball bin at CEC! After hearing your story I suspect it's based on real stories!! Keep the stories coming, I am loving them!

Patty said...

Good afternoon, hope all is going well for you and the little ones.

Wanda said...

Oh I'm still laughing...

When our children were little we lived in Santa Barbara by the beach. I could not keep swimming suits on the kids...they would say, the sand itches..... OH Well!!!

Cute Story....hope you have better luck with the boys.