Saturday, September 13, 2008

2 stories

This is my friend Joann's favorite story about my kids... 

My older two children (who are now 9, but were 3 at the time) figured out that their rooms shared a common wall.  They would spend some time each night at bed time tapping on the wall or yelling through it.  One night they figured if they just made a small hole they could peek at each other!  How resourceful!  Well, I guess they knew their mother wouldn't much care for this plan.  So they made the hole behind their doors- so when the door is open, you can't see it.  This was possibly a happy coincidence- or maybe they are criminal geniuses!  Anyway, they chipped away at the drywall night after night until they had a satisfactory hole going.  Then one day I noticed some drywall chips on the carpet.  They had been flushing most of them down the toilet, but I guess they missed a few.  I was very surprised by this, and also a little irritated.  They assured me that this was nothing to be upset by, and it was very very awesome.  So I told them that I was never going to fill in their "awesome hole" and we'd see just how awesome it really was, in a few years.


Well, 6 years later my son is trying to stuff toys and every possible thing in there to keep his sisters from spying on him and his friends when they are playing Pokemon!  The girls, however, just poke whatever is in there right out the other side!  (The hole has grown over the years.  A 6 year old head fits in there very nicely, this I know for a fact.)

Tomorrow (or whenever I get around to it) I will tell you my favorite story about Joann :)

3 comments:

Dragons52 said...

I still always laugh over this story...can't wait to see what happens when they reach high school age...suspect one will have learned to become a drywall master by then!!

Jack and Joann said...

Oh, my goodness! I will have to return tomorrow to see what you write about me!

Jack and Joann said...

I'm wondering what my story is about---you are keeping me in deep suspense!